Planning a trip to Lake Placid? There’s so much to do in Lake Placid during the summer! Here are just a few ideas:
1. Stroll down Main Street and check out the shops and boutiques.
2. Relax in an Adirondack chair and admire Mirror Lake.
3. Take in the view from the top of Whiteface Mountain.
4. Enjoy a refreshing beverage at the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery.
5. Tour the bobsled and luge facilities at the Lake Placid Olympic Sports Complex.
6. Golf at the Whiteface Club & Resort Golf Course.
7. Eat a mouthwatering crepe at Big Mountain Deli and Creperie on Main Street.
8. Go horseback riding at the Adirondack Equine Center.
9. Play miniature golf at Boots and Birdies.
10. Ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railway.
11. Eat french toast at The Country Bear.
12. Ride in a gondola up Whiteface Mountain.
13. Take a short drive to Ausable Chasm and go rafting on the river.
14. Cliff dive off the cliffs of Pulpit Rock.
15. Go boating for the day.
16. Waterskii on Lake Placid.
17. Venture over to Saranac Lake and go rail-biking with Rail Explorers.
18. Explore nearby lakes including Lake Champlain and Saranac Lake.
19. Take a wake surfing lesson with ADK Aquatics.
20. Visit the Olympic Ski Jump Complex.
21. Whitewater raft down the Hudson River.
22. Enjoy a 3-hour walk to Marcy Dam in the center of The High Peaks.
24. Have a picnic alongside Mirror Lake.
25. Sit at the dock of the lake and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
26. Go skating in the Olympic area.
27. Go fishing on the Ausable River.
28. Go paddleboating.
29. Travel a short ways to Tupper Lake and explore The Wild Center.
30. Pamper yourself at Speedy Spa.
Looking for a hotel in Lake Placid for your summer vacation? We welcome you stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid! We are conveniently located in the historic Olympic Village of Lake Placid, just a short drive from away from all the Lake Placid activities and attractions.
Call us at 518-523-2900 to make a reservation at our Lake Placid hotel or book your stay online today!